Map: Monarch Woods
Kick-Start the 2018-2019 O-CUP season with two races in one day! This year the Stars present Kick-Start, a great O-CUP By Day, AND Starry Night, an O-CUP After Dark! O-CUP points will be awarded separately for each race, so it is a great chance to leap to the front of the O-CUP standings.
Both Kick-Start and Starry Night follow the O-CUP handicap rules. Participants have the option to skip checkpoints (or dog bones in the case of the Starry Night) in each box equal to their handicap point total. Handicap points for this year's course will be awarded as follows:
- 6 - Women 12 or younger, Men 12 or younger, Women 65 or older
- 5 - Women 14 or younger, Men 14 or younger, Women 55 or older, Men 75 or older
- 4 - Women 16 or younger, Men 16 or younger, Women 45 or older, Men 65 or older
- 3 - Women 19 or younger, Women 35 or older, Men 55 or older
- 2 - Women 20 to 34, Women ranked in the top 10 in Canada, Men 45 or older
- 1 - Men 19 or younger, Men 35 or older
- 0 - Men 20 to 34, Men ranked in the top 10 in Canada
Kick-Start: Columbia Forest (site of Ontario Champs 2016). Park at Sir John A. MacDonald High School.
Starry Night: Monarch Woods. Park at Resurrection High School.
12:30 - 13:20: Kick-Start Registration
13:30: Kick-Start Race Start (map scale 1:7500 )
15:00: Kick-Start Course Closes
16:45 - 17:30: Starry Night Registration
17:40: Starry Night Race Start (map scale 1:4000)
19:10: Starry Night Course Closes
- Compass (recommended)
- Flashlight/headlamp (for Starry Night)
The O-Store folks will be at the event and will bring with them a “mini-store”. They will have on hand, for purchase at the event: compasses, control description holders, SI-Sticks, whistles, socks, gaiters, glasses and a few more things. If there is anything specific you would like to purchase, especially if it is something they will not have in the mini-store, such as clothing, shoes, bike or ski-O map boards, or books, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org so that they can be sure to bring with them the item(s) you wish to purchase.
There will be limited registration on race day.
- Early Bird (Up to Oct 31) Fee for 2 races: $30 (free for Stars and ARK-KW)
- Regular (Up to Nov 16) Fee for 2 races : $40 ($10 for Stars and ARK-KW)
- Regular (Up to Nov 16) Fee for 1 race: $35 ($5 for Stars and ARK-KW)
- Race Day Fee for 2 races: $50 ($15 for Stars and ARK-KW)
- Race Day Fee for 1 race: $38 ($10 for Stars and ARK-KW)
Race Day Fee is limited to 15 registrants, first come first served.
Sport Ident Chip Timing
Please include your Sport Ident number when registering. If you need to rent a Sport Ident card, select the checkbox on the entry form and you will be charged a $2.50 rental fee (free for Stars Members). Note: The replacement cost for a Sport Ident Type 6 chip is $75.