Thanks so much to all the racers who braved the elements!
Kick Start results are here.
Starry Night results are here.
Kick-Start the 2017-2018 O-CUP season with two races in one day! This year the Stars present Kick-Start, a great O-CUP By Day, AND Starry Night, an O-CUP After Dark! O-CUP points will be awarded separately for each race, so it is a great chance to leap to the front of the O-CUP standings.
We will present the O-CUP trophy to Isak Fransson, the 2016-2017 O-CUP Champion!
Both Kick-Start and Starry Night follow the O-CUP handicap rules. Participants have the option to skip checkpoints (or dog bones in the case of the Kick Start) in each box equal to their handicap point total. Handicap points for this year's course will be awarded as follows:
- 6 - Women 12 or younger, Men 12 or younger, Women 65 or older
- 5 - Women 14 or younger, Men 14 or younger, Women 55 or older, Men 75 or older
- 4 - Women 16 or younger, Men 16 or younger, Women 45 or older, Men 65 or older
- 3 - Women 19 or younger, Women 35 or older, Men 55 or older
- 2 - Women 20 to 34, Women ranked in the top 10 in Canada, Men 45 or older
- 1 - Men 19 or younger, Men 35 or older
- 0 - Men 20 to 34, Men ranked in the top 10 in Canada
Kick-Start Location: Kick-Start will be at Columbia Forest ( site of Ontario Champs 2016). Meet at the parking lot on Erbsville Rd / Creekside Rd- area entrance from Creekside Rd.
to get to next location aprox 20 min by car ( 16-20 km depending on your chosen route )
Starry Night Location: Starry Night will take place at Steckle woods (new area) which is near the Homer Watson/Bleams Rd intersection. Meet at the small parking area off of Bleams Rd. Overflow parking is available across the intersection near KFC/Taco Bell.
12:30 - 13:20: Kick-Start Registration
13:30: Kick-Start Race Start (map scale 1:7500 )
15:00: Kick-Start Course Closes
16:45 - 17:30: Starry Night Registration
17:40: Starry Night Race Start (map scale 1:4000)
19:10: Starry Night Course Closes
- Compass (recommended)
- Flashlight/headlamp (for Starry Night)
The O-Store folks will be at the event and will bring with them a “mini-store”. They will have on hand, for purchase at the event: compasses, control description holders, SI-Sticks, whistles, socks, gaiters, glasses and a few more things. If there is anything specific you would like to purchase, especially if it is something they will not have in the mini-store, such as clothing, shoes, bike or ski-O map boards, or books, please e-mail email@example.com so that they can be sure to bring with them the item(s) you wish to purchase.
There will be limited registration on race day.
- Early Bird (Up to Oct 26) Fee for 2 races: $25 (free for Stars and ARK-KW)
- Regular (Up to Nov 16) Fee for 2 races : $35 ($10 for Stars and ARK-KW)
- Regular (Up to Nov 16) Fee for 1 race: $25 ($5 for Stars and ARK-KW)
- Race Day Fee for 2 races: $45 ($15 for Stars and ARK-KW)
- Race Day Fee for 1 race: $35 ($10 for Stars and ARK-KW)
Race Day Fee is limited to 15 registrants, first come first served.
Sport Ident Chip Timing
Please include your Sport Ident number when registering. If you need to rent a Sport Ident card, select the checkbox on the entry form and you will be charged a $2.50 rental fee (free for Stars Members). Note: The replacement cost for a Sport Ident Type 6 chip is $75.