Kick-Start the 2016-2017 O-CUP season with two races in one day! This year the Stars present Kick-Start, a great O-CUP By Day, AND Starry Night, an O-CUP After Dark! O-CUP points will be awarded separately for each race, so it is a great chance to leap to the front of the O-CUP standings.
Kick-Start results are here.
Kick-Start splits are here.
Starry Night results are here.
Starry Night splits are here.
Both Kick-Start and Starry Night follow the O-CUP handicap rules. Participants have the option to skip checkpoints (or dog bones in the case of the Kick Start) in each box equal to their handicap point total. Handicap points for this year's course will be awarded as follows:
- 6 - Women 12 or younger, Men 12 or younger, Women 65 or older
- 5 - Women 14 or younger, Men 14 or younger, Women 55 or older, Men 75 or older
- 4 - Women 16 or younger, Men 16 or younger, Women 45 or older, Men 65 or older
- 3 - Women 19 or younger, Women 35 or older, Men 55 or older
- 2 - Women 20 to 34, Women ranked in the top 10 in Canada, Men 45 or older
- 1 - Men 19 or younger, Men 35 or older
- 0 - Men 20 to 34, Men ranked in the top 10 in Canada
Kick Start Format
WHO LET THE DOGS OUT???
The Kick Start O-Cup will include a twist to the typical O-Cup format described above. As always, there will be mandatory, numbered controls that must be taken in sequence. There will also be a box of lettered controls that racers will apply their O-Cup handicap to. Unlike a typical O-Cup, the lettered box controls will be coupled in pairs forming 'dog bones'. Dog bone pairs must be done in sequence. The O-Cup handicap is applied to the pair. The diagram below gives an example:
In this example, there are 4 paired controls in the O-Cup box. A racer with a handicap of 2 would skip 2 of the paired dog bones, and complete 2 of the pairs. They could choose to do the d-D and c-C pairs. The racer may complete the pair in either direction (from d to D or from D to d). They must complete one pair before moving on to the next (complete both d and D before moving on to c and C).
Kick-Start will take place to Shade's Mills Conservation Area in Cambridge, Ontario.
PARKING!!! PLEASE ARRIVE AT SHADE'S MILLS BETWEEN 12:15 pm and 1:14 pm. There will be a volunteer at the gate to scan a code for you so you do not have to pay the car entry fee. If you arrive after 1:15 pm please pay the park entry fee of $12/car. Thank you for co-operation.
Starry Night will take place at Riverside Park in Cambridge, Ontario.
12:30 - 13:20: Kick-Start Registration
13:30: Kick-Start Race Start
15:00: Kick-Start Course Closes
16:30 - 17:30: Starry Night Registration
17:40: Starry Night Race Start
19:40: Starry Night Course Closes
- Compass (recommended)
- Flashlight/headlamp (for Starry Night)
Registration is closed. There will be limited registration on race day.
- Early Bird (Up to Oct 26) Fee for 2 races: $25 (free for Stars and ARK-KW)
- Regular (Up to Nov 17) Fee for 2 races : $35 ($10 for Stars and ARK-KW)
- Regular (Up to Nov 17) Fee for 1 race: $25 ($5 for Stars and ARK-KW)
- Race Day Fee for 2 races: $45 ($15 for Stars and ARK-KW)
- Race Day Fee for 1 race: $35 ($10 for Stars and ARK-KW)
Race Day Fee is limited to 15 registrants, first come first served.
Sport Ident Chip Timing
Please include your Sport Ident number when registering. If you need to rent a Sport Ident card, select the checkbox on the entry form and you will be charged a $2.50 rental fee (free for Stars Members). Note: The replacement cost for a Sport Ident Type 6 chip is $75.