Map: Wasaga Beach
Course Setters Notes, including Race Day Notes: Now Available
*** Due to poor snow conditions at Mansfield (less than 2 cm of snow), the Stars W.A.R. has been moved to Wasaga Beach.***
Prepare to attack the tracks and hills of Wasaga Beach. The Stars Orienteering Club brings its 5th annual Stars W.A.R. back to Wasaga Beach this year! Stars W.A.R. is a winter adventure race with two discplines: snowshoeing and cross country skiing. Racers will navigate through the woods around the beautiful Wasaga Beach Provincial Park.
Three races are offered:
- Stars W.A.R. Team Adventure Race. Teams of two will race through the Wasaga Beach provincialpark area on skis and snowshoes. Winning times of 2 to 2.5 hours. Course will close after 4 hours.
- Stars W.A.R. Solo Ski or Snowshoe. Individual Racers will compete in either a snowshoe or ski division to get a flavour of the full adventure race.
- Try-a-Ski-O. A beginner ski orienteering race is available for those looking for an introduction to ski orienteering.
8:30-9:15 Registration and Map Distribution
10:00 Race Start
Race Event Center
The race event center will be at the Klondike Sports Park. See the map below for directions.
Registration is now open. Click here for registration.
|Deadline||W.A.R. Team||W.A.R. Solo||Try-a-Ski-O|
|Early||To Dec 31||$95/team||$45||$45|
|Normal||Jan 1 to Jan 27||$115/team||$55||$55|
|Late||Jan 28 to Feb 7||$135/team||$60||$60|
- Stars members receive a $20/team discount for the team race or $10/solo discount. Get your 2013 membership.
- Juniors (<20 years of age) receive a $30/team discount for the team race or $10/solo discount.
- Equipment will be available for rental. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for equipment rental inquiries.
- Rental SI cards will be available for an additional $2 / person.
We appreciate the great support of our sponsors. Please visit them and enjoy their products.
There is a map to the start below. Click on the google maps button and then click "directions". The race event center will be at the Klondike Sports Park. The address is 944 Klondike Park Road, Wasaga Beach, ON.