COVID-19 guidelines from Public Health and Orienteering Canada will be followed for this race. No refreshments will be offered post-race, and staggered/multiple starts will be used to avoid crowds at the start. Further details will be made available closer to the race.
All participants must complete a waiver online here.
Please complete a declaration of health on race day and bring it to the race.
Pinehurst Lake Conservation Area (468 Pinehurst Rd, Ayr, ON N0B 1E0). Please note that there is an entrance fee cost in the park
12:30 - 13:20: Kick-Start Registration
13:30 & 13:40 (two 'waves'): Kick-Start Race Start (map scale 1:5000 ) See the: Start List (updated 5pm Friday November 13, 2020)
13:45 Kids O cup interval start
15:00: Kick-Start Course Closes
16:30 - 17:15: Starry Night Registration
17:30: Starry Night Race Start (map scale 1:5000 )- course planner Val D.
19:00: Starry Night Course Closes
There will be limited registration on race day.
- Early Bird (Up to Oct 31) Fee for 2 races: $30 (free for Stars and ARK-KW)
- Regular (Up to Nov 12) Fee for 2 races : $40 ($10 for Stars and ARK-KW)
- Regular (Up to Nov 12) Fee for 1 race: $35 ($5 for Stars and ARK-KW)
- Race Day Fee for 2 races: $50 ($15 for Stars and ARK-KW)
- Race Day Fee for 1 race: $40 ($10 for Stars and ARK-KW)
Race Day Fee is limited to 5 registrants, first come first served. ( waiver must be completed prior)
- Flashlight/headlamp (for Starry Night)
Both Kick-Start and Starry Night follow the O-CUP handicap rules. Participants have the option to skip checkpoints (or dog bones in the case of the Starry Night) in each box equal to their handicap point total. Handicap points for this year's course will be awarded as follows:
- 6 - Women 12 or younger, Men 12 or younger, Women 65 or older
- 5 - Women 14 or younger, Men 14 or younger, Women 55 or older, Men 75 or older
- 4 - Women 16 or younger, Men 16 or younger, Women 45 or older, Men 65 or older
- 3 - Women 19 or younger, Women 35 or older, Men 55 or older
- 2 - Women 20 to 34, Women ranked in the top 10 in Canada, Men 45 or older
- 1 - Men 19 or younger, Men 35 or older
- 0 - Men 20 to 34, Men ranked in the top 10 in Canada